This year, both of them raised a meat goat and consistently do well with their animals. Kennedy came in 2nd for market class and 7th in showmanship. Payton was 5th in market and 6th in showmanship. Because we can never be content with what we are doing, we are starting a new adventure with the animals and are attempting a goat breeding project. I'm sure there will be interesting things to post as we head down that path and to top it off, Kennedy is seriously considering raising a steer next year instead of a goat!
For some, the competition of fair is the most important aspect of the four days. However, for me, it was watching both kids interact with their peers and other adults. I was so proud to watch the kindness of Kennedy toward others, the way she is so respectful to the adults and seems to be able to keep things in perspective amazes me. When parents stopped me and told me that Payton was such a respectful gentleman and so well behaved I'm sure the smile on my face was much too large. I love them more than they can possibly imagine and look forward to each stage of their lives as they continue to grow into fabulous young adults.
| Love her smile! |
| I'm not sure who Payton was talking to. |
| Payton and Kennedy in the show ring. |
No comments:
Post a Comment