Our Kids!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Here we go!

It has been such an event filled week and it is just getting started!  Payton had his braces put on Friday and seems to be adjusting ok.  He was in some pain the first day but is now handling it like a trooper.  The past several days have been spent washing, shaving and preparing the goats for the fair.  It seems odd that you make them pretty just to be slaughtered but I guesss that is what everyone has to do. 

To be honest, I'm a little worried about fair this year.  Not so much the 4H competition part, that is what it is.  I'm more concerned with watching the kids (mine and others) during the time we are there.  You learn a lot about them and it is not always good.  I hope my kids always make good choices but the reality is I know they are human and won't.  I pray that the bad choices are not too bad and are not things that can't be overcome.  Their dad and I will always be there to help them through every part of their life and I hope they realize this. 

I know how few teenagers talk with their parents and I honestly don't want my kids to be in that group.  They need to know that regardless of any choice they make, we love them unconditionally and want them to be able to talk with us.  So for now, I guess I should feel fortunate that I am in a position where I can observe what is going on in their lives.  I have to remind myself of this from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment